What is involved in Project Governance
Find out what the related areas are that Project Governance connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Project Governance thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Project Governance journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Project Governance leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Project Governance related domains to cover and 170 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Project Governance, Business case, Chief governance officer, Climate governance, Clinical governance, Collaborative governance, Corporate governance, Cost overrun, Cultural governance, Data governance, Earth system governance, Ecclesiastical polity, Environmental, social and corporate governance, Environmental governance, Executive sponsor, Global governance, Good governance, Governance, risk management, and compliance, Governance in higher education, Information governance, Local governance, Market governance mechanism, Moral responsibility, Multistakeholder governance model, Network governance, Ocean governance, Open-source governance, Political party governance, Private governance, Project Manager, Project plan, Project stakeholder, Project stakeholders, Project team, Quality engineering, Requirements engineering, SOA governance, Security sector governance and reform, Simulation governance, Soil governance, Stakeholder management, Steering Committee, Sustainable Governance Indicators, Technology governance, Transnational governance, Website governance, World Governance Index:
Project Governance Critical Criteria:
Add value to Project Governance decisions and plan concise Project Governance education.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Project Governance strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Project Governance with what users do day-to-day?
– Do we have past Project Governance Successes?
Business case Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Business case leadership and remodel and develop an effective Business case strategy.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Project Governance? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Who is driving and leading the business case development for your organization?
– Is there a business case where additional cyber security risks are involved?
– What is the security -life cycle identity management business case?
– How do we go about Comparing Project Governance approaches/solutions?
– Have sensitivity of the business case been calculated?
– Right business case?
Chief governance officer Critical Criteria:
Dissect Chief governance officer visions and assess what counts with Chief governance officer that we are not counting.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Project Governance into the services that we provide?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Project Governance agendas for the next 3 years?
– Do Project Governance rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Climate governance Critical Criteria:
Own Climate governance tactics and maintain Climate governance for success.
– What are the usability implications of Project Governance actions?
– What is our formula for success in Project Governance ?
Clinical governance Critical Criteria:
Steer Clinical governance decisions and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Clinical governance projects.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Project Governance strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How can you negotiate Project Governance successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Project Governance?
Collaborative governance Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Collaborative governance projects and shift your focus.
– Does Project Governance include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Which customers cant participate in our Project Governance domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
Corporate governance Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Corporate governance leadership and stake your claim.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Project Governance project?
– Does our organization need more Project Governance education?
– What is Effective Project Governance?
Cost overrun Critical Criteria:
Detail Cost overrun projects and raise human resource and employment practices for Cost overrun.
– In the case of a Project Governance project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Project Governance project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Project Governance project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Project Governance process?
– What vendors make products that address the Project Governance needs?
Cultural governance Critical Criteria:
Look at Cultural governance quality and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Cultural governance.
– Does Project Governance analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What are all of our Project Governance domains and what do they do?
– Why is Project Governance important for you now?
Data governance Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Data governance visions and define Data governance competency-based leadership.
– There are also data governance, privacy and legal issues that may be associated with ventures into the cloud. who owns the data and how do they assure that the data is not made available to nascent third parties who have no business accessing it?
– Are stakeholders, including eligible students or students parents, regularly notified about their rights under applicable federal and state laws governing data privacy?
– Once a rule is created or a data-related decision is made, the organization will be ready to act on it. who should do what, and when?
– How is the chief executive or equivalent management board consulted and/or informed of information governance issues?
– Establish benchmarks and baselines to help track Data Quality -is it deteriorating or remaining constant?
– What about other business related data, such as, customer data, supplier data, or spatial data?
– What will be the data governance mechanisms (i.e. how will decisions be made and monitored)?
– What controls should be put in place to ensure we are complying with all regulations?
– Is the requestor seeking the information as part of an audit or evaluation program?
– How can we leverage technology advances from other data systems?
– What is the utility of having and using a communications plan?
– What type of data governance is right for your organization?
– Are multiple sections responsible for the requested data?
– Can the data element be clearly and commonly defined?
– Which data is sensitive, and which can be shared?
– Who are the users & what are they looking for?
– What factors make data governance successful?
– Why is enterprise data governance important?
– How long are the agreements valid?
– Physical data model available?
Earth system governance Critical Criteria:
Systematize Earth system governance adoptions and document what potential Earth system governance megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– How do we know that any Project Governance analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Are accountability and ownership for Project Governance clearly defined?
Ecclesiastical polity Critical Criteria:
See the value of Ecclesiastical polity governance and assess and formulate effective operational and Ecclesiastical polity strategies.
– Can we add value to the current Project Governance decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Think about the functions involved in your Project Governance project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Why are Project Governance skills important?
Environmental, social and corporate governance Critical Criteria:
Check Environmental, social and corporate governance planning and do something to it.
– What is the source of the strategies for Project Governance strengthening and reform?
Environmental governance Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Environmental governance outcomes and shift your focus.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Project Governance objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Project Governance ?
Executive sponsor Critical Criteria:
Deduce Executive sponsor leadership and create a map for yourself.
– What are our Project Governance Processes?
Global governance Critical Criteria:
Focus on Global governance planning and optimize Global governance leadership as a key to advancement.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Project Governance does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Will Project Governance deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Good governance Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Good governance projects and plan concise Good governance education.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Project Governance project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Have all basic functions of Project Governance been defined?
Governance, risk management, and compliance Critical Criteria:
Model after Governance, risk management, and compliance quality and look at it backwards.
– What are specific Project Governance Rules to follow?
– How can the value of Project Governance be defined?
Governance in higher education Critical Criteria:
Boost Governance in higher education failures and assess what counts with Governance in higher education that we are not counting.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Project Governance leader?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Project Governance project?
– When a Project Governance manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Information governance Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Information governance management and optimize Information governance leadership as a key to advancement.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Project Governance models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What are the key elements of your Project Governance performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How does your organization assess staff training needs and ensure job/role specific information governance training is provided to all staff?
– What governance arrangements do you have in place to support the current and evolving information governance agenda?
– What is the organizations most effective method of training for information governance knowledge and skills?
– What is the organizations preferred method of training for information governance knowledge and skills?
– In relation to information governance, what are the key challenges or changes facing your organization?
Local governance Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Local governance visions and slay a dragon.
Market governance mechanism Critical Criteria:
Canvass Market governance mechanism planning and maintain Market governance mechanism for success.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Project Governance, including any consulting or professional services?
– How can we improve Project Governance?
Moral responsibility Critical Criteria:
Consider Moral responsibility engagements and achieve a single Moral responsibility view and bringing data together.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Project Governance process?
– Does the Project Governance task fit the clients priorities?
Multistakeholder governance model Critical Criteria:
Drive Multistakeholder governance model failures and oversee Multistakeholder governance model management by competencies.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Project Governance product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
Network governance Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Network governance tactics and check on ways to get started with Network governance.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Project Governance information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What will drive Project Governance change?
Ocean governance Critical Criteria:
Frame Ocean governance projects and report on setting up Ocean governance without losing ground.
– Consider your own Project Governance project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How much does Project Governance help?
Open-source governance Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Open-source governance governance and devote time assessing Open-source governance and its risk.
Political party governance Critical Criteria:
Start Political party governance adoptions and tour deciding if Political party governance progress is made.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Project Governance experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Do we monitor the Project Governance decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Is the scope of Project Governance defined?
Private governance Critical Criteria:
Unify Private governance risks and get out your magnifying glass.
– In what ways are Project Governance vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How is the value delivered by Project Governance being measured?
Project Manager Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Project Manager engagements and figure out ways to motivate other Project Manager users.
– There is lots of discussion about the role of a project manager; whether a project manager is needed in the agile world or not. How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– With agile processes promoting the concept of self-directed teams, is there room for the conventional project manager or does this role also need to evolve to suit the principles of the new paradigm?
– How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– Do we have these warning signs: This project is not that big and everyone knows what they are doing -why do we need a project manager?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– What are the actions taken by project managers when leading and implementing a transformational change initiative?
– What should the project manager(s) do differently next time your organization undergoes a change process?
– What processes do project managers and content strategists use to collect content for client websites?
– What are the most important skills practitioners consider make an effective people project manager?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Project Governance project manager?
– What project management qualifications does the Project Manager have?
– Can project managers measure project status at any point in time?
– How will you measure your Project Governance effectiveness?
– What is the necessity of a Project Manager?
– What is the duty of a Project Manager?
– What was the project manager best at?
– Who are the project managers?
Project plan Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Project plan risks and explain and analyze the challenges of Project plan.
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Project Governance forward?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Project Governance project?
– Did the project team have enough people to execute the project plan?
Project stakeholder Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Project stakeholder quality and proactively manage Project stakeholder risks.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Project Governance effort?
Project stakeholders Critical Criteria:
Investigate Project stakeholders outcomes and handle a jump-start course to Project stakeholders.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Project Governance study?
Project team Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Project team visions and find out what it really means.
– When we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– How do you know that your project team members are following the documented cm processes to establish the baseline and control changes to it?
– Can we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Project Governance services/products?
– Is the project using any technologies that have not been widely deployed or that the project team is unfamiliar with?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– Are the project teams ready to function within agile project management?
– Project Team: Who will be on the project and for which dates?
– Describe the Leadership and Motivation for the Project Team?
– Did the project team have the right skills?
Quality engineering Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Quality engineering tactics and catalog Quality engineering activities.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Project Governance workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Does Project Governance appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Requirements engineering Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Requirements engineering planning and find out.
– Is Supporting Project Governance documentation required?
SOA governance Critical Criteria:
Huddle over SOA governance engagements and look in other fields.
– Are there Project Governance problems defined?
Security sector governance and reform Critical Criteria:
Graph Security sector governance and reform goals and find the ideas you already have.
– Does Project Governance systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
Simulation governance Critical Criteria:
Grade Simulation governance results and revise understanding of Simulation governance architectures.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Project Governance moving forward?
– What is the purpose of Project Governance in relation to the mission?
– How do we keep improving Project Governance?
Soil governance Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Soil governance adoptions and slay a dragon.
– What are the disruptive Project Governance technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Do the Project Governance decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Can we do Project Governance without complex (expensive) analysis?
Stakeholder management Critical Criteria:
Refer to Stakeholder management failures and tour deciding if Stakeholder management progress is made.
– Are there project management practices that remain constant across traditional, hybrid, and agile approaches (e.g., Risk Management, stakeholder management, team building)?
– Are there recognized Project Governance problems?
Steering Committee Critical Criteria:
Administer Steering Committee management and perfect Steering Committee conflict management.
– What are the steering committee s roles?
– What threat is Project Governance addressing?
Sustainable Governance Indicators Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Sustainable Governance Indicators outcomes and catalog Sustainable Governance Indicators activities.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Project Governance?
– Does Project Governance create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What are internal and external Project Governance relations?
Technology governance Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Technology governance decisions and overcome Technology governance skills and management ineffectiveness.
– For your Project Governance project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What business benefits will Project Governance goals deliver if achieved?
Transnational governance Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Transnational governance failures and transcribe Transnational governance as tomorrows backbone for success.
– what is the best design framework for Project Governance organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
Website governance Critical Criteria:
Coach on Website governance outcomes and report on the economics of relationships managing Website governance and constraints.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Project Governance processes?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Project Governance values?
– Is maximizing Project Governance protection the same as minimizing Project Governance loss?
World Governance Index Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze World Governance Index projects and describe the risks of World Governance Index sustainability.
– Are we Assessing Project Governance and Risk?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Project Governance Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Project Governance External links:
400: IT PROJECT GOVERNANCE – OIT
[PDF]IT Project Governance Manual Version 1
NuGet Project Governance | Microsoft Docs
Business case External links:
Preparing An Effective Business Case – Ontario
Creating a Powerful Business Case for HR Technology
How to write a business case – Reference from WhatIs.com
Chief governance officer External links:
Chief Governance Officer, OSGE | Devex
A Chief Governance Officer Could Give You an Advantage
Climate governance External links:
Climate Governance Initiative – 3 Photos – Organization
It’s time for new climate governance – from below
Climate Governance Experiments | Matthew J. Hoffmann
Clinical governance External links:
[PPT]Clinical Governance – University of Pittsburgh
Clinical governance (Book, 2003) [WorldCat.org]
Clinical Governance Essays – ManyEssays.com
Collaborative governance External links:
Welcome to Collaborative Governance
Collaborative Governance: Diversity Steering Committee
Collaborative Governance Home Page – Mass General
Corporate governance External links:
The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance …
Corporate Governance – Expedia, Inc.
Corporate Governance – Investopedia
Cost overrun External links:
Cost overrun – Revolvy
Cost Overrun Essays – ManyEssays.com
Predicting cost overrun of railroad bridge construction
Cultural governance External links:
[PDF]Cultural Governance and Development in Vietnam
What do we mean by Cultural Governance? – YouTube
The Audit Committee and Cultural Governance – WSJ
Data governance External links:
7 Best Practices for Data Governance in Healthcare
[PDF]Data Governance Overview – Oklahoma – Welcome to …
Data Governance Analyst Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Earth system governance External links:
Earth System Governance | The MIT Press
Earth System Governance Project – Home | Facebook
Earth System Governance | The MIT Press
Ecclesiastical polity External links:
Of the laws of ecclesiastical polity – Internet Archive
Environmental, social and corporate governance External links:
Environmental, social and corporate governance – …
Environmental governance External links:
Environmental Governance | A research collaboration …
NEW DIRECTIONS IN AGRI-ENVIRONMENTAL GOVERNANCE …
Environmental governance | UN Environment
Executive sponsor External links:
How to Be an Effective Executive Sponsor
[PDF]Executive Sponsor Form – Health Care in British …
What is Executive Sponsor | IGI Global
Global governance External links:
Global Governance Monitor – Council on Foreign Relations
The Challenge of Global Governance | The Nation
Governance, risk management, and compliance External links:
Career Path – Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance …
Governance in higher education External links:
ERIC – Overview: Governance in Higher Education- …
Leadership and Governance in Higher Education | …
Information governance External links:
[PDF]Information Governance Principles for Healthcare …
Local governance External links:
The Hague Academy for Local Governance – Home | …
Local Governance Research Labatory
November – 2017 – Institute for State and Local Governance
Moral responsibility External links:
Moral responsibility legal definition of moral responsibility
Network governance External links:
UTSCAP Network Governance – UTSW Medicine
LeadingChoice Network Governance
POD Network Governance – POD Network: Professional …
Ocean governance External links:
Partnership for Regional Ocean Governance: …
Ocean Governance for Sustainability – Challenges, …
Ocean Governance | U.S. Department of the Interior
Political party governance External links:
On Malawi political party governance | Malawi Nyasa …
Private governance External links:
[PDF]Merging Public and Private Governance: How Disney’s …
Project Manager External links:
What is a Project Manager? – CEG
HealthMEDX Project Manager Logon
What is a Project Manager (PM)? – Definition from Techopedia
Project plan External links:
The Purpose of a Project Plan | Chron.com
Peg Game Project Plan | Last Man Standing – Woodworking
Service Acquisition Mall – Project Plan
Project stakeholder External links:
Which of the following best describes a project stakeholder
PMP Prep – Project Stakeholder Management – Intense …
Project stakeholders External links:
Ways To Annoy Your Project Stakeholders – The Balance
How to Communicate With Project Stakeholders: 5 Steps
Project team External links:
How to Pick Project Team Members | Chron.com
Quality engineering External links:
Method Statement – Quality Engineering and Construction
Requirements engineering External links:
[PDF]Requirements Engineering Process – Computer …
Requirements Engineering: Processes and Techniques …
[PDF]Collaborative Requirements Engineering – NIST
SOA governance External links:
SOA Governance Integration – msdn.microsoft.com
SOA What? Why You Need an SOA Governance Framework | CIO
SOA governance technologies – Gartner IT Glossary
Security sector governance and reform External links:
Security Sector Governance and Reform: Guidelines for …
Simulation governance External links:
[PDF]Simulation governance: New technical …
Simulation Governance Archives – ESRD
Stakeholder management External links:
Stakeholder Management » R. Edward Freeman
24. Stakeholder Management – The Open Group
Stakeholder Management – Project Management Tools …
Steering Committee External links:
Organizing Effective Project Steering Committees – ITtoolkit
[PDF]STEERING COMMITTEE DUTIES AND …
Transnational governance External links:
Transnational Governance, Deliberative Democracy, and …
Website governance External links:
About | Website Governance
Website Governance | Smith College