What is involved in Storage Resource Management SRM
Find out what the related areas are that Storage Resource Management SRM connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Storage Resource Management SRM thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Storage Resource Management SRM journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Storage Resource Management SRM leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Storage Resource Management SRM related domains to cover and 62 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Storage Resource Management SRM, Storage resource management, Computer data storage, Computing, Disk quota, EMC Corporation, IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center, NetApp, Software, Storage area network, Symantec:
Storage Resource Management SRM Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Storage Resource Management SRM projects and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Storage Resource Management SRM in a volatile global economy?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Storage Resource Management SRM?
– Are there Storage Resource Management SRM problems defined?
Storage resource management Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Storage resource management visions and point out Storage resource management tensions in leadership.
– Consider your own Storage Resource Management SRM project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Storage Resource Management SRM project?
– How will you measure your Storage Resource Management SRM effectiveness?
Computer data storage Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Computer data storage decisions and define what do we need to start doing with Computer data storage.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Storage Resource Management SRM services/products?
– Does Storage Resource Management SRM appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– Who needs to know about Storage Resource Management SRM ?
Computing Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Computing failures and drive action.
– Fog Computing is internet computing where the devices responsible for the computing surround us. Instead of having a data center where all of the processing and storage occurs, fog computing would allow us to bring the devices closer to us and these devices would be responsible for their own processing and storage. So how does this concept help us deal with the problems created by the IoT, and what benefits would this provide us that upgrading the cloud infrastructure couldnt?
– Which component(s) of a cloud infrastructure framework helps automating the creation and delivery of computing resources to the consumers?
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– How can you start to build to a position of trust and risk management when setting up cloud computing for your organization?
– How do you prove data provenance in a cloud computing scenario when you are using shared resources?
– Recoverability: how will the service provider respond to disasters and ensure continued service?
– How should we report on the geographic location (street address) for cloud computing solutions?
– What is the future scope for combination of business intelligence and cloud computing?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT Service Management ?
– Is information security ensured when using mobile computing and tele-working facilities?
– High Performance Computing (HPC) in the CloudAre there Cost Savings?
– How can we best leverage cloud computing and obtain security?
– Will cloud computing lead to a reduction in IT expenditure?
– What are the benefits of cloud computing to consumers?
– Is the market ready yet for P2P cloud computing?
– Will cloud computing always lower costs?
– How not to be locked in a SaaS system?
– Fedramp approved/compliant?
Disk quota Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Disk quota issues and devote time assessing Disk quota and its risk.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Storage Resource Management SRM? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Storage Resource Management SRM experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– How likely is the current Storage Resource Management SRM plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
EMC Corporation Critical Criteria:
Confer re EMC Corporation risks and proactively manage EMC Corporation risks.
– Are assumptions made in Storage Resource Management SRM stated explicitly?
– What are internal and external Storage Resource Management SRM relations?
IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center Critical Criteria:
Powwow over IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center issues and summarize a clear IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center focus.
– Is a Storage Resource Management SRM Team Work effort in place?
– How do we go about Securing Storage Resource Management SRM?
– How can we improve Storage Resource Management SRM?
NetApp Critical Criteria:
Systematize NetApp outcomes and ask what if.
– How can skill-level changes improve Storage Resource Management SRM?
– What is our Storage Resource Management SRM Strategy?
Software Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Software tactics and assess and formulate effective operational and Software strategies.
– Is the software and application development process based on an industry best practice and is information security included throughout the software development life cycle (sdlc) process?
– Does the software let users work with the existing data infrastructure already in place, freeing your IT team from creating more cubes, universes, and standalone marts?
– If mobile technologies are supported, how is the software optimized for use on smartphone, tables, and other mobile devices?
– How will nonfunctional requirements pertaining to availability, security, performance, and many other factors be addressed?
– Can you afford to lock your business into a rigid long-term project where the cost of change grows exponentially?
– How does our CRM collaboration software integrate well with Google services like Google Apps and Google Docs?
– What software, systems and/or processes ensure client-specific guidelines and regulations are adhered to?
– Do not ISO 9000 and CMM certifications loose their meaning when applied to the software industry?
– Is Service Delivery (hardware/software/people) capable of supporting requirements?
– What are some software and skills that every Data Scientist should know?
– Should you have a strict project sequence, or should you be flexible?
– Can you identify all your it hardware and software locations?
– Is your LMS integrated to your current enterprise software?
– Are there SaaS tools for allocating workers to tasks?
– What Can We Learn From a Theory of Complexity?
– What Is Exploratory Testing?
– Are Agile teams collocated?
– What is Agility ?
Storage area network Critical Criteria:
Read up on Storage area network tactics and gather Storage area network models .
– What are the long-term Storage Resource Management SRM goals?
Symantec Critical Criteria:
Depict Symantec projects and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Symantec results.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Storage Resource Management SRM process?
– What are our needs in relation to Storage Resource Management SRM skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How do we keep improving Storage Resource Management SRM?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Storage Resource Management SRM Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Storage resource management External links:
Storage Resource Management Tools – Pure Storage
[PDF]EMC Storage Resource Management Support Matrix
Storage Resource Management (SRM) – Gartner IT Glossary
Computer data storage External links:
Computer Data Storage Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
ELSYM5 Manual | Computer Data Storage | Materials
Computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
ACMS – Academic Computing & Media Services
EMC Corporation External links:
EMC Corporation Trademarks
Product Security Blog – EMC Corporation
Dell EMC Corporation Privacy Statement – EMC
IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center External links:
IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center V5.1 Technical …
NetApp External links:
Free NetApp Cloud Azure Trial
[PDF]Nomination title: NetApp: Storage Company of the Year
Customer Success Stories – Customer Showcase | NetApp
Software External links:
Insite Software | Built for B2B™
InSite SiteWork Excavation Software Overview
Insite Software – Concur
Storage area network External links:
IBM Storage Area Network (SAN) | IBM
Support for booting from a Storage Area Network (SAN)
[PDF]EMC Storage Area Network Products and Services …
https://www.procurement.sc.gov/files/contracts/EMC july 2017.pdf
Symantec External links:
Symantec Enterprise Technical Support
Groups | Symantec Connect
Symantec™ Data Center Security: Server, Monitoring …