What is involved in CTQ critical to quality
Find out what the related areas are that CTQ critical to quality connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a CTQ critical to quality thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its CTQ critical to quality journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward CTQ critical to quality leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which CTQ critical to quality related domains to cover and 55 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
CTQ critical to quality, Critical to quality, Business process, CTQ tree, Design for Six Sigma, Quality, Total productive maintenance, Total quality management:
CTQ critical to quality Critical Criteria:
Jump start CTQ critical to quality visions and summarize a clear CTQ critical to quality focus.
– Is maximizing CTQ critical to quality protection the same as minimizing CTQ critical to quality loss?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your CTQ critical to quality activities?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of CTQ critical to quality?
Critical to quality Critical Criteria:
Look at Critical to quality planning and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to CTQ critical to quality? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of CTQ critical to quality moving forward?
– Is CTQ critical to quality dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Business process Critical Criteria:
Discourse Business process failures and tour deciding if Business process progress is made.
– Do we identify maximum allowable downtime for critical business functions, acceptable levels of data loss and backlogged transactions, RTOs, RPOs, recovery of the critical path (i.e., business processes or systems that should receive the highest priority), and the costs associated with downtime? Are the approved thresholds appropriate?
– what is the best design framework for CTQ critical to quality organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– To what extent will this product open up for subsequent add-on products, e.g. business process outsourcing services built on top of a program-as-a-service offering?
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– What are the disruptive CTQ critical to quality technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– When conducting a business process reengineering study, what should we look for when trying to identify business processes to change?
– Do you design data protection and privacy requirements into the development of your business processes and new systems?
– What finance, procurement and Human Resources business processes should be included in the scope of a erp solution?
– Do the functional areas need business process integration (e.g., order entl. billing, or Customer Service)?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our CTQ critical to quality agendas for the next 3 years?
– If we process purchase orders; what is the desired business process around supporting purchase orders?
– To satisfy customers and stakeholders, which internal business process must we excel in?
– How do you inventory and assess business processes as part of an ERP evaluation?
– What would Eligible entity be asked to do to facilitate your normal business process?
– What business process supports the entry and validation of the data?
– On what basis would you decide to redesign a business process?
– What are the long-term CTQ critical to quality goals?
CTQ tree Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate CTQ tree failures and pay attention to the small things.
– How do we go about Comparing CTQ critical to quality approaches/solutions?
– What is Effective CTQ critical to quality?
Design for Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Systematize Design for Six Sigma tasks and forecast involvement of future Design for Six Sigma projects in development.
– Is CTQ critical to quality Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Why should we adopt a CTQ critical to quality framework?
Quality Critical Criteria:
Use past Quality decisions and adopt an insight outlook.
– Does the quality plan prescribe the type(s) of Quality Assurance activities (such as reviews, audits, inspections) to be performed to achieve the objectives of the quality plan?
– What is your Quality Assurance process to ensure that the large volumes of data gathered in the monitoring process are handled efficiently?
– Does the dataset contain records for those who are denied eligibility to the program or benefits and how can those records be identified?
– What are the known sources of errors in the administrative data (e.g. non-response, keying, coding errors)?
– Are there clearly defined and followed procedures to identify and reconcile discrepancies in reports?
– Do data reflect stable and consistent data collection processes and analysis methods over time?
– What technical specifications should we build into our infrastructure to produce quality data?
– Are Quality Assurance records stored in folders, binders, or other suitable protection?
– Is data recorded with sufficient precision/detail to measure relevant indicators?
– Accessibility: is the data easily accessible, understandable, and usable?
– The bigger questions are What can a society do with this kind of quality of data?
– Which recruiting sources provide the highest quality employees?
– What is the typical reimbursement for sharing your data?
– What is the proportion of missing values for each field?
– What are the quality performance standards?
– How good does data have to be?
– Who sets public standards ?
– Where do you clean data?
– What about quality control?
Total productive maintenance Critical Criteria:
Look at Total productive maintenance management and catalog what business benefits will Total productive maintenance goals deliver if achieved.
– What are our best practices for minimizing CTQ critical to quality project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the CTQ critical to quality project lifecycle?
– Are we Assessing CTQ critical to quality and Risk?
Total quality management Critical Criteria:
Adapt Total quality management results and look at it backwards.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your CTQ critical to quality project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed CTQ critical to quality opportunities costing us money?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the CTQ critical to quality Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Critical to quality External links:
Critical To Quality Characteristics | Service at ASU
Critical To Quality – Six Sigma Terminology
Critical to Quality (CTQ) Trees – From MindTools.com
Business process External links:
20 Best Title:(business Process Manager) jobs (Hiring …
Canon Business Process Services
Business Process Manager Job Description and Salary
CTQ tree External links:
CTQ Tree – What is Six Sigma
How to Use a CTQ Tree – Villanova University
Design for Six Sigma External links:
[PDF]Design For Six Sigma (DFSS)
Design for Six sigma (Book, 2003) [WorldCat.org]
May 31, 2003 · Design for Six Sigma has 10 ratings and 0 reviews. The Latest Tools and Guidance Needed to Implement Design for Six Sigma …
Quality External links:
Furniture – Quality Furniture Everyone can Afford – IKEA
H&M offers fashion and quality at the best price | H&M US
Total productive maintenance External links:
Total Productive Maintenance Training – RedVector
What is TOTAL PRODUCTIVE MAINTENANCE (TPM)? …
Total Productive Maintenance Course
Total quality management External links:
Total Quality Management Flashcards | Quizlet
Total quality management | The Economist
Total Quality Management (TQM) – Encyclopedia – …