What is involved in Regulatory Compliance
Find out what the related areas are that Regulatory Compliance connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Regulatory Compliance thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Regulatory Compliance journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Regulatory Compliance leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Regulatory Compliance related domains to cover and 113 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Regulatory Compliance, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Australian Prudential Regulation Authority, Australian Securities and Investment Commission, Business Motivation Model, CAN-SPAM Act, Call Report, Care Quality Commission, Chief compliance officer, Compliance and ethics program, Data Protection Act 1998, Data retention, Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, Environment Agency, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Financial Conduct Authority, Financial Reporting Council, Freedom of Information Act 2000, Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance, Health Care Compliance Association, ISO/IEC 27002, ISO 19600, Information Commissioner’s Office, International Electrotechnical Commission, International Organization for Standardisation, Joint Commission, Keeping the Promise for a Strong Economy Act, Law enforcement agency, National Diet Library, Reputational risk, Right to be forgotten, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Sarbanes–Oxley Act, Scottish Environment Protection Agency, Small Business Administration, Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics, Standards Australia, United States Congress, United States Sentencing Commission, United States of America:
Regulatory Compliance Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Regulatory Compliance failures and define what our big hairy audacious Regulatory Compliance goal is.
– Does Regulatory Compliance include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Regulatory Compliance, including any consulting or professional services?
– In the case of public clouds, will the hosting service provider meet their regulatory compliance requirements?
– Regulatory compliance: Is the cloud vendor willing to undergo external audits and/or security certifications?
– Why should we adopt a Regulatory Compliance framework?
– What is Regulatory Compliance ?
– Is Regulatory Compliance Required?
American Society of Mechanical Engineers Critical Criteria:
Judge American Society of Mechanical Engineers management and separate what are the business goals American Society of Mechanical Engineers is aiming to achieve.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Regulatory Compliance project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Regulatory Compliance project lifecycle?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Regulatory Compliance is underway?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Regulatory Compliance project manager?
Australian Prudential Regulation Authority Critical Criteria:
Coach on Australian Prudential Regulation Authority quality and ask what if.
– How will you know that the Regulatory Compliance project has been successful?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Regulatory Compliance effort?
– Is Supporting Regulatory Compliance documentation required?
Australian Securities and Investment Commission Critical Criteria:
Understand Australian Securities and Investment Commission planning and change contexts.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Regulatory Compliance?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Regulatory Compliance that make it risky?
– Think of your Regulatory Compliance project. what are the main functions?
Business Motivation Model Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Business Motivation Model decisions and oversee Business Motivation Model management by competencies.
– Does Regulatory Compliance analysis show the relationships among important Regulatory Compliance factors?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Regulatory Compliance study?
CAN-SPAM Act Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on CAN-SPAM Act leadership and define CAN-SPAM Act competency-based leadership.
– What are the disruptive Regulatory Compliance technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Does the Regulatory Compliance task fit the clients priorities?
– Have all basic functions of Regulatory Compliance been defined?
Call Report Critical Criteria:
Reason over Call Report adoptions and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Call Report.
– Consider your own Regulatory Compliance project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Does Regulatory Compliance systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How do we measure improved Regulatory Compliance service perception, and satisfaction?
Care Quality Commission Critical Criteria:
Meet over Care Quality Commission results and get the big picture.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Regulatory Compliance project?
– To what extent does management recognize Regulatory Compliance as a tool to increase the results?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Regulatory Compliance?
Chief compliance officer Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Chief compliance officer management and look at the big picture.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Regulatory Compliance services/products?
– Who needs to know about Regulatory Compliance ?
– How do we Lead with Regulatory Compliance in Mind?
Compliance and ethics program Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Compliance and ethics program management and know what your objective is.
– What about Regulatory Compliance Analysis of results?
Data Protection Act 1998 Critical Criteria:
Analyze Data Protection Act 1998 failures and improve Data Protection Act 1998 service perception.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Regulatory Compliance delivery for example is new software needed?
– Do we all define Regulatory Compliance in the same way?
Data retention Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Data retention goals and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Data retention.
– Traditional data protection principles include fair and lawful data processing; data collection for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes; accurate and kept up-to-date data; data retention for no longer than necessary. Are additional principles and requirements necessary for IoT applications?
– Is a Regulatory Compliance Team Work effort in place?
– Are there Regulatory Compliance Models?
Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act Critical Criteria:
Study Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act management and shift your focus.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Regulatory Compliance agendas for the next 3 years?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Regulatory Compliance Management?
– What are current Regulatory Compliance Paradigms?
Environment Agency Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Environment Agency planning and give examples utilizing a core of simple Environment Agency skills.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Regulatory Compliance forward?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Regulatory Compliance requirements in detail?
Fair Credit Reporting Act Critical Criteria:
Add value to Fair Credit Reporting Act decisions and interpret which customers can’t participate in Fair Credit Reporting Act because they lack skills.
– Are there recognized Regulatory Compliance problems?
– What threat is Regulatory Compliance addressing?
Financial Conduct Authority Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Financial Conduct Authority issues and attract Financial Conduct Authority skills.
– Who sets the Regulatory Compliance standards?
Financial Reporting Council Critical Criteria:
Survey Financial Reporting Council tactics and intervene in Financial Reporting Council processes and leadership.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Regulatory Compliance strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Regulatory Compliance? There might be some that are less obvious?
– How would one define Regulatory Compliance leadership?
Freedom of Information Act 2000 Critical Criteria:
Merge Freedom of Information Act 2000 strategies and probe Freedom of Information Act 2000 strategic alliances.
– Do those selected for the Regulatory Compliance team have a good general understanding of what Regulatory Compliance is all about?
– Will Regulatory Compliance have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance Critical Criteria:
Coach on Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance decisions and give examples utilizing a core of simple Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance skills.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Regulatory Compliance?
– How can you measure Regulatory Compliance in a systematic way?
Health Care Compliance Association Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Health Care Compliance Association results and question.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Regulatory Compliance strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Is maximizing Regulatory Compliance protection the same as minimizing Regulatory Compliance loss?
– What are the business goals Regulatory Compliance is aiming to achieve?
ISO/IEC 27002 Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about ISO/IEC 27002 planning and slay a dragon.
– In a project to restructure Regulatory Compliance outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Which Regulatory Compliance goals are the most important?
ISO 19600 Critical Criteria:
Face ISO 19600 tactics and probe using an integrated framework to make sure ISO 19600 is getting what it needs.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Regulatory Compliance does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Regulatory Compliance leader?
Information Commissioner’s Office Critical Criteria:
Deduce Information Commissioner’s Office tactics and get out your magnifying glass.
– Are there Regulatory Compliance problems defined?
– How to deal with Regulatory Compliance Changes?
International Electrotechnical Commission Critical Criteria:
Learn from International Electrotechnical Commission projects and create International Electrotechnical Commission explanations for all managers.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Regulatory Compliance processes?
International Organization for Standardisation Critical Criteria:
Read up on International Organization for Standardisation failures and look for lots of ideas.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Regulatory Compliance been identified and analyzed?
Joint Commission Critical Criteria:
Value Joint Commission risks and research ways can we become the Joint Commission company that would put us out of business.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Regulatory Compliance process?
– How to Secure Regulatory Compliance?
Keeping the Promise for a Strong Economy Act Critical Criteria:
Depict Keeping the Promise for a Strong Economy Act adoptions and innovate what needs to be done with Keeping the Promise for a Strong Economy Act.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Regulatory Compliance process?
Law enforcement agency Critical Criteria:
Audit Law enforcement agency decisions and find the essential reading for Law enforcement agency researchers.
– What is the risk that your data will be delivered to a domestic or foreign law enforcement agency by the cloud service provider in response to a legally binding request?
– How do we know that any Regulatory Compliance analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Regulatory Compliance processes?
National Diet Library Critical Criteria:
Jump start National Diet Library strategies and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging National Diet Library.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Regulatory Compliance process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Regulatory Compliance process available?
Reputational risk Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Reputational risk leadership and define what our big hairy audacious Reputational risk goal is.
– How do we keep improving Regulatory Compliance?
Right to be forgotten Critical Criteria:
Use past Right to be forgotten visions and find the ideas you already have.
– Is the right to be forgotten absolute? If a customer orders goods; and I need his information to complete the order; do I have to delete that information upon request?
– How far into the backup and archive history do the right to be forgotten requirements apply?
– Is there an (absolute) right to be forgotten under existing law?
Sarbanes-Oxley Act Critical Criteria:
Systematize Sarbanes-Oxley Act strategies and be persistent.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Regulatory Compliance. How do we gain traction?
Sarbanes–Oxley Act Critical Criteria:
Discuss Sarbanes–Oxley Act management and change contexts.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Regulatory Compliance objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Scottish Environment Protection Agency Critical Criteria:
Investigate Scottish Environment Protection Agency governance and create Scottish Environment Protection Agency explanations for all managers.
– Can we add value to the current Regulatory Compliance decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Is Regulatory Compliance dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Small Business Administration Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Small Business Administration goals and adjust implementation of Small Business Administration.
– what is the best design framework for Regulatory Compliance organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What is the purpose of Regulatory Compliance in relation to the mission?
– Can we do Regulatory Compliance without complex (expensive) analysis?
Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics Critical Criteria:
Value Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics leadership and learn.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Regulatory Compliance is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
Standards Australia Critical Criteria:
Check Standards Australia quality and track iterative Standards Australia results.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Regulatory Compliance?
– Why is Regulatory Compliance important for you now?
United States Congress Critical Criteria:
Own United States Congress quality and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What are the key elements of your Regulatory Compliance performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
United States Sentencing Commission Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for United States Sentencing Commission management and attract United States Sentencing Commission skills.
– Is Regulatory Compliance Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Have you identified your Regulatory Compliance key performance indicators?
– How important is Regulatory Compliance to the user organizations mission?
United States of America Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about United States of America quality and attract United States of America skills.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Regulatory Compliance Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Regulatory Compliance External links:
Regulatory Compliance Watch
Regulatory Compliance Certification School | CUNA
Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
American Society of Mechanical Engineers External links:
About ASME – The American Society of Mechanical Engineers
The American Society of Mechanical Engineers – C&S Tools
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) …
Business Motivation Model External links:
[PDF]Overview of the OMG’s Business Motivation Model …
Business Motivation Model in 90 Seconds – YouTube
About the Business Motivation Model Specification …
CAN-SPAM Act External links:
Sending Spam Email Is Illegal Under CAN-SPAM Act of 2003
Call Report External links:
Call Report – February 12, 2018 – WELS
Credit Union and Corporate Call Report Data
Free Sales Call Report Templates – Fit Small Business
Care Quality Commission External links:
Care Quality Commission – Home | Facebook
Care Quality Commission (@CareQualityComm) | Twitter
Care Quality Commission – Medium
Chief compliance officer External links:
Chief Compliance Officer Support – Consumer Banking
Chief Compliance Officer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Compliance and ethics program External links:
501 Ideas For Your Compliance And Ethics Program [Joseph E. Murphy, JD, CCEP] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. …
Data Protection Act 1998 External links:
Data Protection Act 1998 – legislation
Data Protection Act 1998 – YouTube
Data Protection Act 1998 – Legislation.gov.uk
Data retention External links:
Amazon.com Help: Data Retention Policy
Environment Agency External links:
Environmental topics — European Environment Agency
Air quality in europe 2017 — European Environment Agency
Environment Agency – Official Site
Fair Credit Reporting Act External links:
[PDF]The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA): Background …
[PDF]Fair Credit Reporting Act – ftc.gov
Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)/FACT Act
Financial Conduct Authority External links:
Financial Conduct Authority – Financial Services Register
Financial Reporting Council External links:
Financial Reporting Council (FRC) | Practical Law
Financial Reporting Council – who we are, what we do – …
Freedom of Information Act 2000 External links:
Freedom of Information Act 2000 – Legislation.gov.uk
U.S. Copyright Office – Freedom of Information Act 2000
Freedom of Information Act 2000 – Legislation.gov.uk
Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance External links:
Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance: It Can’t Happen to Us–Avoiding Corporate Disaster While Driving Success [Richard M. …
6 governance, risk management, and compliance trends …
Health Care Compliance Association External links:
Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA) – Google+
Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA) – Home | Facebook
Health Care Compliance Association | HCCA’s Official Site
ISO/IEC 27002 External links:
ISO/IEC 27002 – YouTube
http://ISO/IEC 27002 is an information security standard published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), titled Information technology – Security techniques – Code of practice for information security management.
ISO 19600 External links:
ISO 19600:2014 – Compliance management systems — Guid…
ISO 19600:2014 – Techstreet
ISO 19600 Toolkit – PECB
Information Commissioner’s Office External links:
Information Commissioner’s Office – YouTube
ICO Blog | The Information Commissioner’s Office
Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) – Home | …
International Electrotechnical Commission External links:
IEC – International Electrotechnical Commission – YouTube
IEC – International Electrotechnical Commission
IEC – International Electrotechnical Commission – Google+
International Organization for Standardisation External links:
International Organization for Standardisation Geneva …
Joint Commission External links:
[PDF]A complimentary publication of The Joint Commission …
Joint Commission – Official Site
Riveredge Hospital | Mental Health| Joint Commission …
Keeping the Promise for a Strong Economy Act External links:
[DOC]Keeping the Promise for a Strong Economy Act …
Law enforcement agency External links:
State of Alabama Law Enforcement Agency
Alabama State Troopers Office, Dothan, Alabama. 1.1K likes. Law Enforcement Agency
Criminal History – State of Alabama Law Enforcement Agency
National Diet Library External links:
National Diet Library | library, Tokyo, Japan | Britannica.com
User Registration for Institutions | National Diet Library
Reputational risk External links:
Reputational Risk Toolkit – ue.org
7 Reputational Risk Examples – Simplicable
Reputational Risk – Investopedia
Right to be forgotten External links:
Right to be forgotten | Technology | The Guardian
Sarbanes-Oxley Act External links:
Sarbanes-Oxley Act – SearchCIO
Section 404(b) of Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 – AICPA
Sarbanes-Oxley Act Flashcards | Quizlet
Scottish Environment Protection Agency External links:
Contact | Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA)
Scottish Environment Protection Agency – YouTube
Small Business Administration External links:
Small Business Administration – Official Site
[PDF]U. S. Small Business Administration – sba.gov
Small Business Administration
Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics External links:
Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics (SCCE) – …
2 Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics reviews. A free inside look at company reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees.
Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics | SCCE …
Standards Australia External links:
AS – Standards Australia
Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) – Home | Facebook
Standards Australia – Home | Facebook
United States Congress External links:
United States Congress Flashcards | Quizlet
[PDF]UNITED STATES CONGRESS TENTATIVE 2018 …
United States Congress elections, 2018 – Ballotpedia
United States Sentencing Commission External links:
Home | United States Sentencing Commission
United States Sentencing Commission
United States of America External links:
Flight Status – Lufthansa ® United States of America
Cthulhu for President of the United States of America 2020