What is involved in Interactive Voice Response
Find out what the related areas are that Interactive Voice Response connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Interactive Voice Response thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Interactive Voice Response journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Interactive Voice Response leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Interactive Voice Response related domains to cover and 115 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Interactive Voice Response, Application server, Application service provider, Automated attendant, Automatic call distributor, Automatic number identification, Big Brother, Call Whisper, Call avoidance, Call center, Call gapping, Caller ID, Caller line identification, Central processing unit, Clinical trial, Computer telephony integration, Contract research organization, Customer engagement, Dialog system, Dual-tone multi-frequency, Dual-tone multi-frequency signaling, Electronic patient-reported outcome, Instant messaging, Multimodal interaction, Pop Idol, Predictive dialer, Screen pop, Session initiation protocol, Speech recognition, Speech synthesis, Springer Science+Business Media, Telephone banking, Telephone keypad, The Voder, Voice-based marketing automation, Voice User Interface, Voice mail, Voice portal, Web server, Web services, World Wide Web:
Interactive Voice Response Critical Criteria:
Start Interactive Voice Response tasks and revise understanding of Interactive Voice Response architectures.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Interactive Voice Response products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– In what ways are Interactive Voice Response vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How do we keep improving Interactive Voice Response?
Application server Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Application server adoptions and describe the risks of Application server sustainability.
– Does Interactive Voice Response analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Will Interactive Voice Response deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How to deal with Interactive Voice Response Changes?
Application service provider Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Application service provider planning and probe the present value of growth of Application service provider.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Interactive Voice Response with what users do day-to-day?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Interactive Voice Response project manager?
Automated attendant Critical Criteria:
Learn from Automated attendant strategies and track iterative Automated attendant results.
– What are the key elements of your Interactive Voice Response performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Interactive Voice Response into the services that we provide?
– What business benefits will Interactive Voice Response goals deliver if achieved?
Automatic call distributor Critical Criteria:
Detail Automatic call distributor results and optimize Automatic call distributor leadership as a key to advancement.
– Will Interactive Voice Response have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Interactive Voice Response delivery for example is new software needed?
Automatic number identification Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Automatic number identification planning and oversee Automatic number identification management by competencies.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Interactive Voice Response process?
– How important is Interactive Voice Response to the user organizations mission?
Big Brother Critical Criteria:
Participate in Big Brother leadership and look for lots of ideas.
– Is there a Interactive Voice Response Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Interactive Voice Response?
– What about Interactive Voice Response Analysis of results?
Call Whisper Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Call Whisper strategies and create Call Whisper explanations for all managers.
– What threat is Interactive Voice Response addressing?
Call avoidance Critical Criteria:
Focus on Call avoidance strategies and gather Call avoidance models .
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Interactive Voice Response services/products?
– What is the source of the strategies for Interactive Voice Response strengthening and reform?
– Who will provide the final approval of Interactive Voice Response deliverables?
Call center Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Call center adoptions and report on developing an effective Call center strategy.
– What proportion of Customer Service calls chats could present day AI technology resolve without assistance in principle?
– What is the average supervisor to Customer Service representative ratio for a fixed route call center?
– In a project to restructure Interactive Voice Response outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What is the best virtual hosted PBX platform to use for our phone Customer Service team?
– Have you identified your Interactive Voice Response key performance indicators?
– What are good examples of us utilizing SMS as a Customer Service mechanism?
– Have you integrated your call center telephony to your crm application?
– Does the Interactive Voice Response task fit the clients priorities?
– What are the issues of scaling Twitter for Customer Service?
– What are the pros and cons of outsourcing Customer Service?
– How do companies apply social media to Customer Service?
– Is social media the solution to bad Customer Service?
– Is Twitter an effective Customer Service tool?
Call gapping Critical Criteria:
Discuss Call gapping risks and assess and formulate effective operational and Call gapping strategies.
– In the case of a Interactive Voice Response project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Interactive Voice Response project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Interactive Voice Response project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Interactive Voice Response strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Are there recognized Interactive Voice Response problems?
Caller ID Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Caller ID strategies and get the big picture.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Interactive Voice Response activities?
Caller line identification Critical Criteria:
Refer to Caller line identification failures and give examples utilizing a core of simple Caller line identification skills.
– How do we Lead with Interactive Voice Response in Mind?
– What is our Interactive Voice Response Strategy?
Central processing unit Critical Criteria:
Mine Central processing unit strategies and acquire concise Central processing unit education.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Interactive Voice Response project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Interactive Voice Response project lifecycle?
– Does Interactive Voice Response create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Clinical trial Critical Criteria:
Derive from Clinical trial adoptions and find the essential reading for Clinical trial researchers.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Interactive Voice Response workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Among the Interactive Voice Response product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Computer telephony integration Critical Criteria:
Scan Computer telephony integration governance and balance specific methods for improving Computer telephony integration results.
– Why should we adopt a Interactive Voice Response framework?
– How would one define Interactive Voice Response leadership?
– Are there Interactive Voice Response Models?
Contract research organization Critical Criteria:
Review Contract research organization tactics and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Contract research organization projects.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Interactive Voice Response?
Customer engagement Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Customer engagement results and find out what it really means.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Interactive Voice Response leader?
– Are virtual assistants the future of Customer Service?
Dialog system Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Dialog system outcomes and report on setting up Dialog system without losing ground.
– Is Interactive Voice Response Required?
Dual-tone multi-frequency Critical Criteria:
Mine Dual-tone multi-frequency visions and balance specific methods for improving Dual-tone multi-frequency results.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Interactive Voice Response project?
– Think of your Interactive Voice Response project. what are the main functions?
Dual-tone multi-frequency signaling Critical Criteria:
Shape Dual-tone multi-frequency signaling strategies and devote time assessing Dual-tone multi-frequency signaling and its risk.
– Does Interactive Voice Response include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Interactive Voice Response agendas for the next 3 years?
– How do we measure improved Interactive Voice Response service perception, and satisfaction?
Electronic patient-reported outcome Critical Criteria:
Administer Electronic patient-reported outcome risks and customize techniques for implementing Electronic patient-reported outcome controls.
– Can we do Interactive Voice Response without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Who needs to know about Interactive Voice Response ?
Instant messaging Critical Criteria:
Scan Instant messaging outcomes and secure Instant messaging creativity.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Interactive Voice Response information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Do those selected for the Interactive Voice Response team have a good general understanding of what Interactive Voice Response is all about?
– Are you looking for a vendor to provide instant messaging built into the solution so users of the system can instant message each other?
Multimodal interaction Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Multimodal interaction tasks and intervene in Multimodal interaction processes and leadership.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Interactive Voice Response objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What are current Interactive Voice Response Paradigms?
– How much does Interactive Voice Response help?
Pop Idol Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Pop Idol tactics and handle a jump-start course to Pop Idol.
– Have all basic functions of Interactive Voice Response been defined?
Predictive dialer Critical Criteria:
Review Predictive dialer engagements and change contexts.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Interactive Voice Response moving forward?
– What are the short and long-term Interactive Voice Response goals?
– How do we go about Securing Interactive Voice Response?
Screen pop Critical Criteria:
Coach on Screen pop management and proactively manage Screen pop risks.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Interactive Voice Response product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Interactive Voice Response process?
Session initiation protocol Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Session initiation protocol strategies and probe Session initiation protocol strategic alliances.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Interactive Voice Response process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Interactive Voice Response process available?
– Does Interactive Voice Response systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Which Interactive Voice Response goals are the most important?
Speech recognition Critical Criteria:
Grade Speech recognition leadership and question.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Interactive Voice Response models, tools and techniques are necessary?
Speech synthesis Critical Criteria:
Read up on Speech synthesis results and catalog what business benefits will Speech synthesis goals deliver if achieved.
– What is the purpose of Interactive Voice Response in relation to the mission?
– How is the value delivered by Interactive Voice Response being measured?
Springer Science+Business Media Critical Criteria:
Consider Springer Science+Business Media visions and devise Springer Science+Business Media key steps.
– How to Secure Interactive Voice Response?
Telephone banking Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Telephone banking projects and acquire concise Telephone banking education.
– what is the best design framework for Interactive Voice Response organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
Telephone keypad Critical Criteria:
Check Telephone keypad strategies and explain and analyze the challenges of Telephone keypad.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Interactive Voice Response processes?
– How do we Improve Interactive Voice Response service perception, and satisfaction?
The Voder Critical Criteria:
Match The Voder decisions and work towards be a leading The Voder expert.
– Is the Interactive Voice Response organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Voice-based marketing automation Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Voice-based marketing automation results and adjust implementation of Voice-based marketing automation.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Interactive Voice Response that make it risky?
– Are there Interactive Voice Response problems defined?
Voice User Interface Critical Criteria:
Meet over Voice User Interface issues and reduce Voice User Interface costs.
– What are internal and external Interactive Voice Response relations?
– How can the value of Interactive Voice Response be defined?
Voice mail Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Voice mail outcomes and prioritize challenges of Voice mail.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Interactive Voice Response, including any consulting or professional services?
Voice portal Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Voice portal governance and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Voice portal results.
– Think about the people you identified for your Interactive Voice Response project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Interactive Voice Response project?
Web server Critical Criteria:
Think about Web server leadership and transcribe Web server as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Are web servers located on a publicly reachable network segment separated from the internal network by a firewall (dmz)?
– Do we know what we have specified in continuity of operations plans and disaster recovery plans?
– Is Interactive Voice Response Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Web services Critical Criteria:
Explore Web services risks and slay a dragon.
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– How does this standard provide users the ability to access applications and services through web services?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Interactive Voice Response project?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– What are the business goals Interactive Voice Response is aiming to achieve?
World Wide Web Critical Criteria:
Communicate about World Wide Web goals and summarize a clear World Wide Web focus.
– Is Interactive Voice Response dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Interactive Voice Response Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Interactive Voice Response External links:
IVR System – Interactive Voice Response – Five9
Supplier Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System
Application server External links:
Logon – SAP Web Application Server
Application Server Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Logon – SAP Web Application Server
Application service provider External links:
CiteSeerX — Application Service Provider – A Business …
Transcription application service provider (TASP)
[PDF]APAN Application Service Provider
Automated attendant External links:
Automated Attendant | North Dakota ITD
Automated Attendant – UC Directory Services
http://In telephony, an automated attendant (also auto attendant, auto-attendant, autoattendant or AA, or virtual receptionist) allows callers to be automatically transferred to an extension without the intervention of an operator/receptionist). Many AAs will also offer a simple menu system (“for sales, press 1, for service, press 2,” etc.).
Automatic call distributor External links:
What is Automatic Call Distributor (ACD)? – Dialogic
Cloud Automatic Call Distributor (ACD)| Spoken
Automatic Call Distributor and UCD Call Distribution
Automatic number identification External links:
p-ANI Pseudo Automatic Number Identification
Big Brother External links:
Big Brother Network (@bigbrothernet) | Twitter
Big Brother – Official Site
Big Brother 20 on CBS – BB20 Cast, Spoilers, Live Feeds
Call Whisper External links:
PRANK CALL WHISPER CHALLENGE // W HENSUGUSTA – youtube.com
What is Call Whisper? – Twilio
Queue Call Whisper | Jive Resource Center
Call avoidance External links:
Call Avoidance Policy in Call Centers – Call Center Beat
Call center External links:
Title Call Center Representative Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
WorkforceScheduling.com – call center workforce …
Call Center Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Caller ID External links:
Sync.ME – Caller ID & Phone Number Search
Caller line identification External links:
Caller Line Identification (CLI) – Dialog
Caller Line Identification | Telephone | Computer …
Central processing unit External links:
Central Processing Unit – Home | Facebook
Computer – CPU(Central Processing Unit) – tutorialspoint.com
What is CPU (Central Processing Unit)? – Computer Hope…
Clinical trial External links:
Clinical Trial Logistics | MARKEN
Clinical Trial Efficacy Endpoints | BioOncology
Stem Cell Clinical Trial for ALS: Patient’s Story – WebMD
Computer telephony integration External links:
CloudCall – Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) for CRM
What is CTI (Computer Telephony Integration)? – RingDNA
Computer Telephony Integration – CTI Integration | Zendesk
Contract research organization External links:
Covance – Contract Research Organization (CRO) | …
Contract Research Organization – DaVita Clinical Research
Premier Research – Contract Research Organization …
Customer engagement External links:
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement to require …
http://Customer engagement (CE) is an effect, a reaction, a connection, a response and/or an experience of customers with one another, with a company or a brand. The initiative for engagement can be either consumer-or company-led and the medium of engagement can be on or offline.
Customer Engagement & Speech Analytics | CallMiner
Dialog system External links:
http://Abstract: A method and apparatus for a dialog processing system is disclosed. Dialogs include variables that reflect the system’s current state. This includes status information determinative of a command’s state (enabled/disabled), its name, its … [more]
Dialog system – Object Technology Licensing Corporation
Dual-tone multi-frequency External links:
DTMF (Dual-Tone Multi-Frequency) – Media College
Dual-tone multi-frequency – PhonePower Knowledge Base
Dual-tone multi-frequency signaling External links:
DTMF (Dual-Tone Multi-Frequency signaling) – Glossary | …
Realtime dual-tone multi-frequency signaling (DTMF) decoder.
Electronic patient-reported outcome External links:
Electronic Patient-Reported Outcomes in Clinical …
Instant messaging External links:
CME Pivot Instant Messaging Platform – CME Group
ICE Instant Messaging
Multimodal interaction External links:
Multimodal interaction in practice – Google+
Pop Idol External links:
Which K-Pop idol should you date? – Quiz – Quotev
Predictive dialer External links:
Hosted Dialer | HubDialer – Virtual Predictive Dialer
Predictive Dialer – Top Predictive Dialer
T-Max Dialer and Communications Predictive Dialer & …
Screen pop External links:
Screen pop functionality . Agent Desktop and …
Buy Dragonpad USA Pop filter Studio Microphone Mic Wind Screen Pop Filter: Musical Instruments – Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases
Buy CO-Z Pro BM800 White Condenser Microphone Package Studio Sound Recording Mic with Arm Stand & Wind Screen Pop Filter Mask Shield Sets: Multipurpose – …
Session initiation protocol External links:
Session Initiation Protocol | Android Developers
What is SIP – Session Initiation Protocol?
SIP Trunking | Session Initiation Protocol | ShoreTel
Speech recognition External links:
Speech API – Speech Recognition | Google Cloud Platform
Dictate text using Speech Recognition – Windows Help
TalkTyper – Speech Recognition in a Browser
Speech synthesis External links:
Telephone banking External links:
Online and telephone banking 24 7 365 | first direct
Online, Mobile & Telephone Banking | Byron Bank
Telephone Banking | First Interstate Bank
Telephone keypad External links:
DP29SW/IM Telephone Keypad Relay Trigger
The Voder External links:
The Voder – Haskins Laboratories
The Voder: The First Machine To Produce Human Speech : …
Voice-based marketing automation External links:
What is Voice-based marketing automation (VBMA) – youtube.com
Voice User Interface External links:
VUI.agency | The Voice User Interface Agency & Platform
Voice mail External links:
Voice Mail Service | U.S. Cellular
Checking Your Voice Mail – Cox Communications
Voice portal External links:
Lionbridge Voice Portal
Hosted Voice Portal – Lightpath
Voice Portal | Cox Communications
Web server External links:
Web Server Launch Page – Antelope Valley College
WISCORS Network Web Server – Welcome
ProjectWise Web Server
Web services External links:
Employee Web Services for Abila MIP Log On Window
Taxport: Web Services /// Welcome
Amazon Web Services – Official Site
World Wide Web External links:
The Mister Boffo World Wide Web Homepage
The World Wide Web Publishing Service is disabled or …
The Official Chuck Mangione World Wide Web Site